Orange Tax Services VOF, Keizersgracht 62, Amsterdam is committed to the protection of personal data. Orange Tax Services therefore makes every effort to process those data with due care and provide you with information in this connection in a transparent and clear manner.
This Privacy Statement applies to:
- potential clients, clients and business relationships of Orange Tax Services;
- suppliers of Orange Tax Services.
1. Personal data (how?)
Orange Tax Services considers the protection of personal data important. Orange Tax Services processes all kinds of (personal) data, as efficiently and carefully as possible, in accordance with the GDPR. This means that:
- we process personal data in accordance with the purpose for which the data is collected, as mentioned in this Privacy Statement;
- processing of personal data is limited to the data that is required for the purposes for which they are processed;
- we ask for consent as far as necessary to process the personal data;
- we have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of the personal data;
- we do not transfer personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary in relation to the purposes for which the data is collected;
- we inform you about your rights regarding personal data.
Personal data will only be processed in accordance with (one of) the legal grounds as mentioned in the GDPR, being:
- performance of an agreement with suppliers;
- compliance with a legal obligation;
- a legitimate interest.
2. Personal data (why?)
Orange Tax Services processes your (personal) data since this is necessary in relation to our (business) activities and to provide our services, being:
- Providing the personal income tax return
- Providing the preliminary refund
- Processing the payroll of your company
- Applying for the 30% ruling
- Assisting determining fiscal position
- Assisting persons being shareholder of a limited company
This means that Orange Tax Services personal data is mainly processed for the following purposes:
- Administrative purposes;
- Communicating and executing a received order to provide our services;
- Facilitating and maintaining contact with you;
- Processing invoices and making payments;
- Maintaining a (business) network;
- Placing orders;
- Making offers in the context off tax related services
- Improving the quality of our product and service information and performing targeted marketing campaigns as well as (market) research;
- Creating user statistics;
- Improving the website;
3. Personal data (as from when?)
Orange Tax Services processes personal data from the moment:
- Personal data is provided through our website Handling Agreement page, or personal data is provided by letter, email or telephone;
The text above contains examples and may be amended or supplemented on the basis of the practice at Orange Tax Services.
4. Personal data (which?)
Orange Tax Services will only process those personal data which are needed for our services. In particular, Orange Tax Services processes the following personal data:
- Standard data related to your identity (name and address details), email address and other contact details;
- date and place of birth, age and sex;
- bank account;
- personal data obtained from the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce and the Land Registry Office;
- any other personal data (than mentioned above) that require processing by virtue of the law.
- Dutch tax number, income details, financial obligations, assets
Orange Tax Services records special categories of personal data only if that is necessary to comply with statutory obligations, insofar as permission for such data collection is given or if it is otherwise permitted in or under the law. “Special categories of personal data” are data on racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person and data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
The personal data that Orange Tax Services processes are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which they are processed. Orange Tax Services aims to process a minimum of personal data and does not use those personal data for any purpose other than that stated above. If the personal data will also be processed for any other purpose, you will be informed again of that new purpose insofar you are not already aware of that purpose.
5. Personal data (passed on to third parties?)
Orange Tax Services may pass on personal and other data to third parties, namely processors engaged by Orange Tax Services that provide services or perform assignments . The personal data are passed on or shared on the basis of a legitimate interest, a statutory obligation or the performance of an agreement in accordance with the purposes stated in “Why?”.
Orange Tax Services enters into a data processing agreement with third parties that process personal data at Orange Tax Services’s instruction, to arrange for a level of security and confidentiality similar to that which applies to your data. As a general rule, the personal data will not be transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
6. Retention period
Orange Tax Services retains the personal data or data carriers containing personal data, which we require in order to comply as a company with our statutory requirement to keep records, such as invoices, for at most two years after termination of the relationship with the supplier unless a longer statutory retention period applies, such as seven years for financial records. In international relations the Dutch tax office can go back twelve years, some records can be held for this period.
You have the right to view your personal data, or have your personal data corrected or deleted. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you may have given with respect to the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by Orange Tax Services, and you are entitled to data portability. This means that you have the right to submit to us a request for forwarding the personal data we hold in respect of you to another organisation you have indicated.
Please contact Hermin Smith if you would like to inspect your overall data processing and/or you would like to transfer, change or remove data you are unable to edit yourself. This can be done in the following ways:
- by sending a letter to (correspondence address), or;
- an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org), or;
- by telephone at telephone number (020-520 7991).
Orange Tax Services strives to respond to the request as soon as possible, but in any event within four weeks after receipt. Orange Tax Services furthermore draws your attention to the possibility of filing a complaint with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (Dutch Data Protection Authority), if the above does not lead to the desired result.
We will do everything within our power to secure your personal data as much as possible in order to prevent unlawful use such as unauthorised access, undesirable disclosure and unauthorised amendment or loss. We do so by means of physical, administrative, organisational and technical measures. If and insofar as personal data are passed on to processors that provide services or perform assignments on behalf of Orange Tax Services, Orange Tax Services has agreed with them that they will also optimally secure the personal data.
9. Cookies and IP addresses
An IP address is a number that is assigned automatically to a computer when it is connected to the internet. An IP address consists of a series of four groups of at most 3 numbers. When collecting statistics, the IP address of website visitors is anonymised by removing the last number in the series.
10. Questions and changes
If there are any questions, comments or complaints regarding the protection of the personal data by Orange Tax Services, you may contact Hermin Smith (whose contact details can be found in “Rights”).
Orange Tax Services may amend, supplement or update this Privacy Statement from time to time for various reasons. The most current version of the Privacy Statement can be found on Orange Tax Services’s website.
11. Applicable law
Any disputes that arise from this Privacy Notice are governed by Dutch law.